Thursday 4 July 2013

Decisions

Hi
   Im new to this and Im not really sure what to write about.... but I want to take note of what I do in the next stage of my life. At the moment I have moved to Devon as an Au Pair but I am now seeking to go abroad I have been interested in the following locations; Australia, America and China. I have the option to choose between all 3 places, its going to be tough to decide.
  A woman messed me about with Australia offering me the job then withdrawing her offer due to a family friend becoming available, therefore it has put me off, I realise it could happen wherever I decided to go, but it put a dampener on things before I even started. Though I have been in contact with another family who want me and they seem lovely and they live in a little mining town. There starting date is May and I ideally want to be moving before Christmas, but it is always and option.
   Well America just sounds too good to be true really you do a week in a training college in NYC then go to your host family for 6 months and then go to another family for the remaining 6 months. I will definitely want to do this programme in the future but I don't want to do to straight away, save the best till last!
   And that leaves me with China, you may think Im slightly crazy opting for China but when else would I go, im likely to got to America or Australia later on in life but Im hardly going to have a family holiday to Hong Kong or Beijing am i ? It would be a MASSIVE culture shock but an amazing opportunity for me. im always going on about wanting to experiencing new things and well here's my opportunity. Karen the programme organiser woman has emailed me a family profile and well they seem lovely, I could see myself living with them they live in Taizhou City. (Seriously will I ever understand the names of places and things over there Im not even sure what the families names are :/) Been doing some research today and well its one unique places that's all I can say. They sell snickers with a battery, salted chickens feet as a snack and loads of crazy stuff. im trying to figure out the cost of things over there in relation to £'s and finding it quite difficult as what is RMB and CNY are they the same currency or different?? I dont have a clue maybe I should fine out. OMG they eat dog too, Im not taking my Frankie over there cos they'll eat him !!!
   Anyway enough babbling on Karen is organising a video meeting with the family I hope we can communicate with ease and Im not going to be like Pardon, Pardon,Pardon.... and having to just guess an answer, umm and there's the possibility I could be living with this family for 123 months so thinks need to go smoothly. They have two children 10 and 4 they are both girls, i think there quite a good age so if I was to go I think I would enjoy looking after two children rather than just one and having girls will be nice hopefully we will have more in common.
   Its just a waiting game now waiting for everything to get organised but if the opportunity came up I would be stupid not to take it I just need to grow some balls and just go !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment